21 Aug WORDS in progress
WORDS IN PROGRESS – Guidance and Critique for Writers (by invitation only)
Fall Session Begins Friday
August 16th through Friday – November 1st
Twelve Friday mornings – 10:30 a.m. PST / 1:30 p.m. EST
Group limited to Four authors
This course designed for writers who are ready to do the hard work of writing their books and editing their content through peer reviews.
Designed for writers who know that now is the time to create the book, blog or creative concept and take their project to completion. This 12-week segment is by invitation only, and will move you toward reaching your writing goals toward a polished, finished product.
For writers continuing with this course, you will continue to fine tune your project and your craft with other writers already familiar with your work and your goals. New writers coming into the course will be carefully selected to enhance the group experience.
- Use your allotted time to discuss aspects of your book and and let the group know the feedback you are seeking.
- Read a chapter a week for critique with your peers – Share your goals and have weekly accountability – Fifteen minute reads and fifteen minute critiques.
- Weekly learning sessions, creative and organizational tools to help you fine tune your writing and writing projects – (i.e. Writing about Place, Show versus Tell, Narrative Drive, Character Development)
- Be matched with an agent at The Kauai Writers Conference to pitch your book (Laura is on the faculty and can guide you to the right pitch session for your project)
WEEK ONE: Project Introduction
- Present Your Project – Four writers and share what you would like to get out of the 6-week experience
- Meet your Writing Peers
- Read a ten minute write and receive constructive feedback plus feedback from each participant in follow-up emails
Writers all read up to fifteen minutes with fifteen minutes of feedback
$480 for twelve sessions
Email Laura for a private consultation LauraWriter@me.com
In this Live Online Writers Group with Laura Lentz you will move your writing project forward (book, blog, article, short story or poetry) toward a finished product.
Author Laura Lentz has taught creative writing workshops online and on the north shore of Kauai for ten years. Her workbook, STORYquest, helps writers turn their story into a Hero’s Journey through 12-weeks of writing prompts and examples out of best selling books. Laura is also a developmental editor and helps writers expand their body of work through unique methods – offering challenging and thought provoking writing prompts inspired by poetry, mythology and segments from literature. Her exploratory writing workshops include Love, Skin and Eros, The Poetry Room, and STORYquest, Make Your Story a Hero’s Journey and Words in Progress. Her interactive 6-week workshops host an impressive lineup of writers from diverse backgrounds – the classes take place online and on the north shore of Kauai. Workshop students have the unique opportunity to appear in an annual spoken word shows and in Literati Academy’s online magazine exclusively written by Literati Academy’s writing community in LITerari.us, Laura serves on the faculty of The Kauai Writers Conference and is conducting a Master Class for writers who want to write in sacred places on Kauai and allow Kauai’s beauty to influence their work.