21 Aug WORDS in progress
WORDS IN PROGRESS – Guidance and Critique for Writers (by invitation only)
Begins Friday, March 29th through Friday, June 14th
Twelve Friday mornings – 8:30 PST / 1:30 p.m. EST
Group is limited to Four students
This course designed for writers who want to fine tune their writing and finish segments of writing – several chapters in a book, articles or a blogs ready to launch. This course will move you toward reaching your writing goals toward a polished, finished product. In this intimate course with your peers. For writers continuing with this course, you will continue to fine tune your project and your craft with other writers already familiar with your work and your goals. New writers coming into the course are by invitation only and will be carefully selected to enhance the group experience.
- Use your allotted time to discuss aspects of your book and receive peer opinions. This could be any phase, including concept phase.
- Finish several chapters to completion – articles, poems, blogs or part of a E-book. Share your goals and work toward achieving them week by week
- Take work you have written on your own or in my writing groups and edit it through constructive feedback from experienced writer, author and workshop leader Laura Lentz and your writing peers.
- Weekly learning sessions, creative and organizational tools to help you fine tune your writing and writing projects – (i.e. Writing about Place, Show versus Tell, Narrative Drive, Character Development)
WEEK ONE: Project Introduction
- Present Your Project – Four writers and share what you would like to get out of the 6-week experience
- Meet your Writing Peers
- Read a ten minute writing and receive constructive feedback plus feedback from each participant in follow-up emails
Writers all read up to fifteen minutes with fifteen minutes of feedback
ACCESS TO PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP FOR GROUP SUPPORT AND ADDITIONAL FEEDBACK.
$480 for twelve sessions
Email Laura for a private consultation LauraWriter@me.com
In this Live Online Writers Group with Laura Lentz you will move your writing project forward (book, blog, article, short story or poetry) toward a finished product.
Author Laura Lentz has taught creative writing workshops online and on the north shore of Kauai for ten years. Her workbook, STORYquest, helps writers turn their story into a Hero’s Journey through 12-weeks of writing prompts and examples out of best selling books. Laura is also a developmental editor and helps writers expand their body of work through unique methods – offering challenging and thought provoking writing prompts inspired by poetry, mythology and segments from literature. Her exploratory writing workshops include Love, Skin and Eros, The Poetry Room, and STORYquest, Make Your Story a Hero’s Journey and Words in Progress. Her interactive 6-week workshops host an impressive lineup of writers from diverse backgrounds – the classes take place online and on the north shore of Kauai. Workshop students have the unique opportunity to appear in an annual spoken word shows and in Literati Academy’s online magazine exclusively written by Literati Academy’s writing community in LITerari.us, Laura serves on the faculty of The Kauai Writers Conference and is conducting a Master Class for writers who want to write in sacred places on Kauai and allow Kauai’s beauty to influence their work.